How to Delete Instagram Post? We often delete our older Instagram posts to make our feed look better and more symmetrical. Deleting a single Instagram post is very easy. You need to follow a few simple steps, and you’re done.
However, it gets complex when we have to delete multiple Instagram posts across our feed. It’s very hard to dig through the feed repeatedly to find the posts you want to delete. Then again, there’s this UX bug of Instagram that drags you to the top of your feed every time you press the ‘back’ key.
To make your life easier, today we’ll discuss different methods of deleting Instagram posts. We’ll cover how to delete Instagram posts in a bulk, and how to delete specifically targeted ones easily. So, let’s get started, shall we?
How to Delete Instagram Post: The Traditional Method
This is the usual way of deleting an Instagram post, and you can delete up to a few posts in this method without getting tired. To delete your Instagram post according to how Instagram wants you to delete it, you should follow these steps:
- Once you open the Instagram app, click on the icon on the bottom-right corner to open your feed.
- Scroll through your feed to find the post you want to delete and click on that post.
- Once you appear on the page dedicated to that post, click on the three horizontal dots icon on the top-right of the post.
- Upon clicking that icon, a pop-up will appear, and you’ll find a delete option there.
- Click on the delete option, and you’ll be presented another delete button, click on that, and your post will be removed from Instagram for good.
How to Archive Instagram Post
Want to know how to delete an Instagram post without actually deleting it? You can simply archive your post. Archiving your post will make sure that people won’t see your post, but it’ll be there in the library. To archive your Instagram post, follow these steps:
- Open your Instagram app and click on the icon on the bottom-right corner of the screen to open your feed.
- Scroll through the feed to find the post you’d like to archive and click on that post.
- Once the dedicated page is displayed, click on the icon on the top-right corner that resembles three horizontal dots.
- From the drop-down menu, select the ‘archive’ button.
The facility of archiving your posts is that you can always “unarchive” them. The same can’t be done if you delete your post. That’s why most people prefer archiving their Instagram posts over deleting them.
A big reason for this is, once you delete a post, you can re-upload that. However, the position of that post won’t be the same as before. That’s why it’s always recommended to archive your post if you can help it.
How to Delete a Lot of Pictures at Once?
There are a few methods through which you can delete multiple Instagram posts easily. When you have to delete posts in a bulk, following the traditional method will become painstaking. Here are some workarounds that you can follow to delete several posts at once:
To pull this method off, you need to access Instagram via the Android or iOS app. If you access via a web browser, you won’t be able to do this. To execute this method, you must follow these steps:
- First of all, scroll through your feed, and find out the posts that you need to delete.
- Do this for each post, click on the post. Once the page is displayed, click on the icon on the top-right corner.
- Click on the edit button and enter a unique hashtag to each of the posts that no one would search for. For example, #fgccjgcc
- The next time you search this hashtag, you’ll get all the posts in one place, and it’ll be easier for you to delete them
There are a lot of third-party apps that enable users to perform multiple tasks on Instagram very easily. However, there are apps that don’t work, or are scams.
If you want an app that truly works, you can try Instaclean out. Instaclean allows you to:
- Delete all photo posts
- Manage followers
- Mass unfollow
- Mass unlike
- Accept all follow requests
However, Instaclean is available only on iOS, and it’s a paid app. Unfortunately, there isn’t any Android app that’s made specifically to perform these actions on Instagram. If you wish to get these results on Android, you’ll need to resort to third-party apps that aren’t designed to serve this purpose.
Auto-clicker is an app that isn’t made for deleting Instagram posts, but you can program this app to serve your purpose. With auto-clicker, you can automate taps and swipes, and you can set the number of actions and for how long it’ll work. Here’s how to use Auto-Clicker for deleting Instagram posts:
- Open the Instagram app and open the Auto-clicker
- Go to the “Multi-target mode” tab and click on the “Enable” mode.
- When you’re on Instagram, you’ll see a few options on your left. Click on the green ‘+’ sign. This will create a tap point in the form of a circle.
- Drag this circle to the top right of your post where the settings button is at
- Hit the play button, and then pause it once the settings option appears
- Click on the green ‘+’ button again and set the circle on the delete option.
Once you hit the play button, the app will keep on repeating the process. However, set the delay to 100-200 milliseconds, this will ensure that the post that’ll appear after one is deleted is removed as well.
If you want to delete one or two Instagram posts, the traditional method is suitable. However, for deleting in a bulk, you need to resort to a third-party app. Then again, for deleting selective posts you need to follow the hashtag method.